This blog is a place for me to share with my friends and family what God is teaching me as I run the race of life. I want this to be a place where we can talk about Christ and how He is helping us all. I also want us to use this to encourage and lift up one another in this race!
Hebrews 12:1-2 1 Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, 2 looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

I just looked at some pictures of this crazy winter storm that came through the midwest, and up into the Northeast. When I see stuff like this I am blown away by the power of God. The beauty of the things built by men pails in comparison to the beauty of creation. God takes the most plain color, which is in fact made by the removal of all color so it is not a color at all, and covers up all of our mess and creates as beautiful a sight as I have ever seen.



It is almost as if God said “Let’s cover up the mess that these people make out of my creation. Why don’t we show them what beauty really is?!”
The sad part (whether God thinks stuff like that or not) is that we miss it every day. We whine and complain about this beautiful piece of creation that serves as an example. An example of what Jesus did. We are washed as white as snow! What do the nasty dirty roads and buildings look like when it snows (at least until the plows come along)? You can tell no difference in a freshly covered road and a freshly covered field. Because they have both been covered by the same snow. How great an example of the forgiveness that God has given us, because of His Son. 

I am not saying that the snow is easy to live with, on the contrary it can be a pain in the rear. But maybe we need to slow down and look at what it shows us.


*pictures courtesy of a Yahoo article

No comments:

Post a Comment