This blog is a place for me to share with my friends and family what God is teaching me as I run the race of life. I want this to be a place where we can talk about Christ and how He is helping us all. I also want us to use this to encourage and lift up one another in this race!
Hebrews 12:1-2 1 Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, 2 looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Saturday, November 27, 2010

The Last Decade

The title of this may lead you to believe that I am going to talk about the last decade of my life, but I cannot do that. If I did it would take several pages and nobody would want to read it. So, I will simply try to write one paragraph about the last year, my last year with the word “teen” at the end of my age. I am not sure if I will be able to keep it to a paragraph or not (remember, I am a baptist at my roots and we baptists tend to get pretty wordy) but I will try.
In the last year I have had 5 jobs, lived in two different states and made more friends all over this country than I thought a guy could have. God has revealed more of himself to me than I thought I would learn before I was 30. I have seen him work in my life, and the lives of people around me. I have seen his love in more ways that I can describe. In the last year I have seen God provide my family with a job and a new home. I have seen him revive a love for him in the heart of my family! He has, lovingly, shown (or begun to show me) what a church ought to be. He has lead me to meet people that have pushed me (and really only begun to) in directions that I needed pushing. I have met people that have encouraged me spiritually! Not only all of these new things, but when we moved he taught me to cherish the friends that he had given me over the years. I learned to hold old friends tightly! (ok this is getting long so it will be more than one paragraph!)
In the last year I have learned to prepare for my future physically -money- but more importantly spiritually. I have loved and been loved! I have lost love only to be lead to cling to a love without which I cannot truly love anybody. In the past year I have made friends that will last a lifetime. I have seen the firstfruits of revival in myself and my country. And, I have learned to trust that he who gave those firstfruits will complete the good work. I have heard preaching from the word that has forever change my life, because it was truly of the Word! Through the encouragement of new friends I have begun to learn Greek, when less than a year ago I hated the idea of studying foreign languages. The Lord is good! I praise him for the last decade, and for any decades to come! 
I thank God for each of you, and the parts you have all played in the last year and decade! I love you all!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment